Improvement of Community Libraries
- Project Area: Improvement of Community Libraries
- Project Duration: 2020-03-01 to 2022-02-28
- Donor: Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) Nepal
An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.8 hit Nepal on 25th April 2015 with numerous aftershocks. The earthquake caused the death of 8,857 people and left more than 21,000 people injured. 3.5 million people were left homeless as the earthquake flattened entire villages. Many of the READ Nepal-supported community libraries were also affected due to earthquakes. Many of the READ centers sustained some minor damages whereas some of the centers were damaged beyond repair.
In the wake of reconstruction efforts, READ Nepal and Shanti Volunteer Association Nepal agreed for the partnership to reconstruct some of the community libraries damaged by the earthquake under the "Improvement of Community Libraries Project."
- Godawari Community Library and Resource Center, Lalitpur
- Junbesi Community Library and Resource Center, Solukhumbu
- Matribhumi Community Library and Resource Center, Syangja
- Sunaulo Community Library and Resource Center, Sunsari